Committees & Best Practices
Gold Shovel Standard Committee (GSSC)
The vision for MISS DIG 811 Gold Shovel Standard Committee is a safer Michigan where all excavators demonstrate exemplary caution around buried infrastructure and all locators demonstrate exemplary performance in locating buried infrastructure and where both can be recognized and rewarded for their superior performance.
The mission of MISS DIG 811 Gold Shovel Standard Committee is to accelerate the broad adoption of Gold Shovel Standard throughout Michigan. For those wanting information on the Gold Shovel Standard please email us at email@example.com and visit the website at www.goldshovelstandard.org
Michigan Damage Prevention Board (MDPB)
View Committee Minutes
MDPB is in place to review any comments or concerns from the Damage Prevention Associations. These meetings are open to all Stakeholders, and are held on the 4th Thursday of each month at the Michigan Infrastructure & Transportation Association, located at 2937 Atrium Dr. #100, Okemos, MI 48864 at 9AM. Meetings are subject to room availability, please contact Rob Coppersmith at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email list to receive updates on this meeting.
MDPB Best Practices
- MDPB Best Practice Removing Flags FINAL
- MDPB Marking Guidelines_Mar_2017_Update
- MDPB Best Practice Requirements for 14 Day Rule v2, 2014-01, 2016 revision FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice Requirements for Staking for Large Projects 12.08.16 update FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice Requirements for Large Project Staking FINAL
- MDPB Marking Guidelines Dec 2016 Revision FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice March 2015 Appurtenance FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice January 2015 Fence Post Exemption FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice October 23, 2014 Detection of New Facilities FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice October 23, 2014 Offset Staking FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice October 23, 2014 14 Day Rule FINAL
- MDPB Best Practice Process FINAL
- MDPB First Amended and Restated Bylaws FINAL
- Positive Response Definitions as of 3-1-2015 FINAL
- Positive Response Colors as of 3-1-2015
*The MDPB Best Practices are presented as a general guide. The MDPB encourages all users to consult and consider not only the MDPB Best Practices, but also (i) employer practices, (ii) industry practices, (iii) federal and state statutes and regulations, (iv) building and fire codes, and (v) local laws, regulations, and ordinances
Michigan Utility Coordination Committee (MUCC)
View Committee Minutes
MUCC meets to discuss pre-construction underground utility safety through planning and communication including post construction and as-built drawings and standards. These meetings are primarily held for design engineers, DPW’s, municipal planners, facility owners/ operators and contractors. Meetings are not held on a regular basis, but usually happen two times per quarter at the Michigan Infrastructure & Transportation Association, located at 2937 Atrium Dr. #100, Okemos, MI 48864. The meetings are booked 4-6 weeks before the event. Please contact Rachelle VanDeventer at email@example.com to be added to the email list to receive updates on this meeting.
The Michigan Utility Coordination Committee’s (MUCC) Geospatial Utility Infrastructure Data Exchange (GUIDE) initiative revolutionizes spatial awareness and spatial quality of underground utility infrastructure information by capturing accurate 3-dimensional geospatial location data on underground utility infrastructure at the time of installation, and storing this information in highly accessible and secure repository.
- GUIDE Procedural Manual - 2017 DRAFT
- GUIDE 2016 CGA Presentation
- GUIDE Report - 2014 Pilot Initiative
Ticket Initiation Management Execution (TIME)
View Committee Minutes
Meetings will be held via teleconference, with web screen share information and call in number provided by MISS DIG 811 monthly. MISS DIG 811 will host a teleconference with optional onsite meetings for the TIME committee at the MITA office before MDPB monthly. Teleconferences will be held the fourth Thursday of the month at 9 am before MDPB; if MDPB cancels or changes their meeting date, MISS DIG 811 will still host the call on the fourth Thursday of the Month unless voted on to move or skip by the committee.
Join the meeting: https://join.me/missdig811
On a computer, use any browser. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app
To Join the audio conference:
Access Code 917184#
New meeting invites will come out quarterly.
If you would like to be removed from or add someone to the TIME Committee list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.