The Design Program was originally introduced in 2006 as a voluntary program to open the lines of communication between design/engineering firms and facility owners/operators. As of April 1st, 2014, participation in this program is now mandatory for all facility owners/operators as defined in Public Act 174 of 2013.
INTENT OF PURPOSE
The obligation of the facility owner/operator is to first determine whether or not they have facilities in the design area, and then to provide drawings or records for the area as described by the design/engineering firm. If a) the facility owner/operator determines that they do not have sufficient drawings or records, they will arrange for the markings of their facilities and coordinate with the design/engineering firm; b) the design/engineering firm determines that the drawings or records are insufficient, they can request the facility owner/operator mark their facilities. All communication regarding design requests are to be between the design/engineering firm and the facility owner/operator.
Facility owner/operators are required to reply to a design ticket request within 21 calendar days. Facility owners/operators will be requested to post one of the following responses to every design ticket received:
- Design-No Facilities (Code 201 definition: No facilities in area as described in the scope of excavation)
- Design-Task Completed (Code 202 definition: Facility owner/operator sent record drawings to designer)
- Design-Marking Required (Code 203 definition: See Intent of Purpose)
if you are a facility owner/operator and want to submit an application to enter Design tickets.
if you are an Engineering / Design Firm and want to submit an application to enter Design tickets.
Design Program Membership Requirements:
- Before activation of a Design account, all new users are required to participate in a 2-hour (apx) on-line, training session with MISS DIG 811 trainers.
- To improve the Design ticket process, existing Design account users should not share their account credentials with new users.
Complete an application if your company is not a member or associate member of MISS DIG 811. An Associate Design membership agreement will be emailed to you.
- Training can commence after you return your signed agreement.
- The annual billing for a Design Associate Membership is $100 and $25 for each additional account after the first.
If you are a facility owner, contract locator or contractor member of the MISS Dig 811 system, you will not incur an annual fee for design membership.
- Training can commence after your application is received.
- A training fee may be imposed of up to $150 for training cancellation.
To all users:
When your training is complete, you’ll receive login authorization from our trainers. Go to rte.missdig811.org to use your account.