The Design Program was originally introduced as a voluntary program in 2006 to open the lines of communication between Designing Firms and Facility Owners/Operators. Participation in this program is now mandatory for all facility owners/operators, as of April 1, 2014, as defined in Public Act 174 of 2013.
Design Ticket Instructional Video
Design Code Application for Receipt of Tickets- For Facility Owner/ Operators Only
If you are a Utility Company/Municipality or facility owner and required to participate in receipt of Design Tickets as defined in Public Act 174 effective April 1, 2014, please fill out the form below:
Intent of Purpose:
The obligation of the facility owner/operator is to first determine if they have facilities in the design area, and then provide drawings or records for the area as described by designer. If: a. the facility owner/operator determines that they do not have sufficient drawings or records then the facility owner/operator will arrange for marking of their facilities and coordinate with designer. b. The designer determines that the drawings or records are not sufficient; the designer can request the facility owner/operator to mark their facilities. All communication regarding design requests will be between the designer and the facility owner/operator.
The Facility owner/operators required reply time to a Design Ticket request is 21 calendar days. Facility owner/operators will be requested to post one of the following responses to Design Tickets they receive:
- Design-No Facilities (Code 201 definition: No facilities in area as described in the scope of excavation)
- Design-Task Completed (Code 202 definition: Facility owner/operator sent record drawings to designer)
- Design-Marking Required (Code 203 definition: See Intent of Purpose)
if you are a facility owner/operator and want to submit an application to enter Design tickets.
if you are an Engineering / Design Firm and want to submit an application to enter Design tickets.
Design Program Membership Requirements:
- Before activation of a Design account, all new users are required to participate in a 2-hour (apx) on-line, training session with MISS DIG 811 trainers.
- To improve the Design ticket process, existing Design account users should not share their account credentials with new users.
Complete an application if your company is not a member or associate member of MISS DIG 811. An Associate Design membership agreement will be emailed to you.
- Training can commence after you return your signed agreement.
- The annual billing for a Design Associate Membership is $100 and $25 for each additional account after the first.
If you are a facility owner, contract locator or contractor member of the MISS Dig 811 system, you will not incur an annual fee for design membership.
- Training can commence after your application is received.
- A training fee may be imposed of up to $150 for training cancellation.
To all users:
When your training is complete, you’ll receive login authorization from our trainers. Go to rte.missdig811.org to use your account.