The Member Services Department of MISS DIG 811 provides a variety of services to the membership to assist in complying with PA 174 and protecting underground infrastructure. Below you will find some of the services the department and MISS DIG 811 offer.
MISS DIG 811 uses GIS (Geographic Information System) tools to upload the data denoting the location of your underground facilities.
Members can provide:
- GIS data (.shp or .kml)
- Non-spatial data (as-built drawings, plat-maps, paper maps, .jpeg, or .PDF)
We are to help with:
- Shape file uploads. Imports can be requested using the form below.
- Mapping with a Remote Member Access Account. This feature, used to self-map databases by requires members to request editing access. For our members' peace of mind, edits to databases can only be completed when they have requested editing access be opened by MISS DIG 811. Access can be requested using the form below.
- User guides and video tutorials. When you need a little extra guidance, check out the resources tab for user guide and videos.
- Still not sure what you're looking for? Complete the form below and we will get you the information you need.
Did you know that in addition to standard mapping services performed by MISS DIG 811, members receive three free hours of mapping annually? Additionally hours are billed at $49.00.
Most data used by members can be viewed and exported within a Remote Member Access (RMA) account. When requested, the Member Services team can extract data and tabulate on behalf of a member. Below are the two most common reports requested and their associated cost. Contact the Member Services Department for a customized report. Quotes will be provided before work is completed.
Ticket Count Reports by Code $13.50 Per Ticket Type (for any period six months or less)
List of related ticket numbers in addition to report $18.00
Specific Positive Response Statistics by Code $37.00 (for any period six months or less)
List of related ticket numbers in addition to report $18.00
Per Section 6 (4) of PA 174 of 2013, MISS DIG System Inc. maintains an archive of locate requests (tickets) for six years. Information on your live tickets is available through the Positive Response System. If your ticket life has expired and you need a copy of a ticket, MISS DIG 811 will, for a fee, search the archived requests. Please expect one to two weeks turn-around after payment is received.
To expedite the research process, please provide as much information on the work location as possible. If a portion of the information on the request form is not provided, thorough research may still be performed if the location of the work is given. Please do not assume that MISS DIG 811 will know the location of an address or a county in which a city, village, or township is located.
MISS DIG 811 considers a standard research window to be two months. If your ticket was not placed within the two-month window or you are unable to provide a two-month window timeframe, additional fees apply.
In addition to obtaining a printed copy of the ticket, MISS DIG 811 is also able to provide a voice recording of the locate request being taken from the caller for an additional fee.
Research fees are based on records pertaining to one job and cover the cost of preparing the documents. Below is a breakdown of the fees associated with a research request:
- Research when correct MISS DIG 811 ticket number is provided - $54.36
- Research without ticket number or with incorrect ticket number - $72.45
- Voice recording of the ticket (if available) is an additional fee - $72.45
- Additional research is requested and/or the search time exceeds two months prior to the damage incurs an additional fee - $31.50
Remote Member Access
The Remote Member Access (RMA) program provides member access to the MISS DIG 811 System to research and query tickets, check on the status of delivery queues, view member Notification areas, perform database maintenance, and much more.
With RMA, members have the ability to perform ticket searches from a six-year database. Not to be confused with Remote Ticket Entry (RTE), RMA allows members to access tickets they are responsible for locating, while RTE allows users (excavators/contractors) to access tickets they have requested/created.
The different types of RMA's available to the membership are shown in the chart below. If one individual will be utilizing the system, an RMAF account should be established. RMA accounts are user-specific, and benefit the members by providing increased internal controls. MISS DIG 811 staff will not share your login credentials with other individuals. The annual maintenance fee for each RMA account is $38.55. Please use the Complete an Application(s) button below to create your own RMA account. If the account you are registering for is intended to replace existing accounts on the system, please notify Member Support at email@example.com.
Excavator Education Program (EEP)
On behalf of participating gas and pipeline companies, MISS DIG 811 publishes a One Call Excavation Handbook that is delivered to all Michigan excavators known to MISS DIG 811. The list is compiled using the database of callers into the MISS DIG Notification Center, advertisers in trade publications, and lists provided to MISS DIG 811 by EEP participants.The participating members of the Excavators Education Program (EEP) cover the expenses associated with this program. This program fulfills certain requirements of Pipeline Operator Members of the MISS DIG 811 System, as outlined in the Michigan Gas Safety Code.Each participating member receives access to a PDF of the mailing list and the handbook distributed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements. The handbooks are mailed out annually by mid-March and members are invoiced at that time.Their participation in the program is on-going and is only terminated upon the member’s request.
The program also contains a survey for completion by recipients. The survey results are used to improve the handbook in upcoming years. Once the survey results are calculated, they are made available to the program participants.
If you wish to receive a quote for participating in the MISS DIG 811 System's Excavator Education Program, please complete the form below.
Are you a contractor, facility owner, or design/engineering firm? Do you plan large excavation projects? Would it be nice to know where the underground facilities are located in the area of your project? Would knowing the location of the facilities in the area during the planning stage save you time and money? Consider submitting a design ticket!
Design accounts are free for members of MISS DIG 811. If you are not a member, we offer an associate membership. The cost of a Design Associate Membership is $100 for the first design account held by a company and $25 for each additional account.
With a design account, users can submit and monitor design tickets. Like our Remote Ticket Entry (RTE) accounts, new users will receive web-based training prior to gaining access to input tickets. With a design or RTE account, users have access to Near Ticket. Launched in early 2017, Near Ticket populates all requests that have been placed in the area of a ticket. This feature is especially helpful for planning purposes, as it could indicate new facilities being added in the area, allow for coordination with other contractors, or change the timeline or scope of project to meet future needs of the area.
What is a Design Ticket?
Once you place a design ticket, facility owners/operators have 21 days to respond. The obligation of the facility owner/operator is to first determine whether they have facilities in the design area, and then to provide drawings or records for the area as described by designer. If a facility owner/operator determines they do not have sufficient drawings or records, they will arrange for the marking of their facilities and coordinate with the design or engineering firm. If the designer determines that the drawings or records are insufficient, the designer can request that the facility owner/operator mark their facilities. All communication regarding design tickets will be between the designer and the facility owner/operator.
Design Program Membership Requirements:
- Before activation of a design account, all new users are required to participate in a two-hour online training session with a MISS DIG 811 Education Specialist.
- To maintain the integrity of the design ticket process, design accounts are unique to each user. Existing users should not share their account credentials with new users.
- If your company does not hold the correct membership with MISS DIG 811 to participate in this program, we will contact you to adjust or establish your membership.
Since the passing of PA 174, we have received feedback from the membership that they would benefit from Ticket Management Software, but find it too costly. MISS DIG 811 has secured a grant to fund the creation of a web-based Ticket Management Software Program called WebTMS.
- Auto-Response rules can be established to assign Positive Responses based on criteria, including map layers.
- If an Auto-Response rule is not found, the system will look to the Auto-Assign rules to assign dig notices to locators, including map layers.
- Track the status of dig notices as Unassigned, Assigned, or Closed.
- Send supplemental email delivery for dig notices, including set send days and times.
- Archive dig notices, responses, and data by month.
- Access to reports, tickets, and queues for monitoring emails from the system.
- Ability to share photos and notes with contractors. (Remote Member Access account credentials are required)
- Create ticket routes to efficiently locate underground facilities.
Additional information on the WebTMS program can be found on our Resources page, or you can reach out to us using the below form. We can provide quotes and information on the program.
TCP protocol is used in conjunction with ticket management software to automate the Positive Response posting process. Annual maintenance fees apply
Our members matter. The Member Services Department provides support to during the hours of 7:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday—except on MISS DIG 811-observed holidays.