Become a Member
Entities that own/operate underground facilities as defined in Public Act 174 of 2013 are, in many cases, required to be members of the Notification System. MISS DIG 811 is the Notification System in Michigan. Members of MISS DIG 811 receive locate requests when contractors and homeowners are doing excavation work near their underground infrastructure. Once a request is received, the member marks the location of their underground facilities. All members pay an annual invoice for participation on the system. Information on costs to participate on the system is included in the Membership Agreement and located under the Resources tab along with a listing of membership options and benefits.
The benefits of joining MISS DIG 811 are:
- Compliance with Public Act 174
- Receipt of MISS DIG 811 tickets to locate and mark underground lines and avoid possible damages or interruption of services.
- Receipt of call-outs or text messages of emergency ticket information after weekday business hours, and all day on weekends and holidays.
- Eligibility to vote for representatives on the Board of Directors and/or secure a position on the Board.
- Assistance with managing notification area maps.
- Communication with design or engineering firms and contractors to improve and protect underground infrastructure throughout the state.
Ready to become a member?
- To become a member, please complete Becoming a MISS DIG Member and the necessary supporting documents found under the resources tab. If you are looking for more information on membership or have questions on any of the documents, please contact us at 800.482.7161 or complete the form below and we will reach out to you with the requested information.
Our members matter. The Member Services Department provides support to during the hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday—except on MISS DIG 811-observed holidays